Netball netball netball!We are an easy-going club welcoming absolutely everyone (unless you are male). Here are just a few reasons why I think YMNC is awesome:
- Get to play a cheeky slice of netball
- Enjoy a run around to work off that hangover, even if you can’t catch.
- Get fit – work off those extra cals we all seem to gain après Summer/Christmas/Easter (all the time really…)
- Take a break from medicine; add some variety!
- Meet new people, especially the upper years who you wouldn't normally get to know
- Enjoy a good social
- Get in touch with your inner fancy dress nerd
- Meet some fit (lol) footballing medics
- You want my PBL notes
Training timesSunday afternoons, University of York
Match scheduleOur season runs from October-March. Home matches are on Fridays, usually at 7/7:30pm Away matches are mid-week at varying times and locations. Dates for the following season are yet to be announced.
Catherine is a keen fancy dress and netball enthusiast; body paint and wigs are an essential part of her wardrobe. She is dedicated to providing netball to all abilities and standards. Watch out for the bullet ball. Her other hobbies include photo-bombing, bear watching and ginger studies.
Harriet arguably holds the most prestigious position on our committee. She is involved in an ongoing cutting-edge research project which focuses on the intricacies in manufacturing the most cost-effective and lethal alcoholic punch. Her others interests include rugby, fancy dress and Gandalf.
Emma will be leading our second team in Division 7 this season, you’ll be in safe hands. Will this be the year for promotion?!
Laura will be leading the troops this season as we play against the BIG DOGS in Division 5. With her cool head and mean chest pass we are sure to have another fabulous year.